The Manager of Special Guest Experience/Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all private events for The Well, Lew’s Grill & Bar and Charlie Hooper’s restaurants. The manager is charged with ensuring the private events run smooth, clean, and are cost effective. They are also work shifts as a manager during non event hours.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties;
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating special events for The Well Bar, Grill & Rooftop, Lew’s Grill & Bar and Charlie Hooper’s.
- Negotiates contracts and assists in the selection of menu items, schedules staff, arranges for facilities or equipment, and communicates customer needs to the appropriate staff;
- Responsible for producing food services to the agreed client standard through the events team;
- Actively seeks and identifies opportunities for business growth;
- Ensure that all equipment, monies, and the overall establishment, is safe and secure at all times;
- Develops and maintains accounts by ensuring customer satisfactions before, during, and after the event;
- Manages the host stand schedule, employees and fills in as needed at the host stand;
- Acts as a FOH Manager as needed;
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement;
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s, four (4) year college degree in Restaurant Management or 4 years restaurant management and/ or special events experience.
- Possess a good command of both verbal and written communication with staff and superiors;
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the catering/event planning profession, specifically demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of budgeting, cost control and food service standards;
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to organize time effectively, forward plan and prioritize tasks to ensure work load is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately;
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guest’s needs and requirements ;
- Must enjoy working in a people oriented and socially interactive environment;
- Ability to take ownership of everything they do throughout their day with a level of teamwork required to ensure that The Well consistently exceeds guest expectations with food, service and atmosphere;
- Knowledge of POS systems, proficient computer skills, and ability to adapt to new company specific software and understand fundamental practices and database management.
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company. The Well Bar, Grill & Rooftop views each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, see, touch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to