Our client, a highly-reputable, custom home builder in the Kansas City Metropolitan area is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. This is an incredible opportunity for someone with entrepreneurial drive and passion to support the financial and strategic goals of this visionary organization, with an over-arching zeal for customer service seldom seen in the home building marketplace.
The CFO is responsible for the accounting operations of our primary company and the various affiliated departments including the production of financial reports, oversight and maintenance of an excellent system of accounting records and controls, providing strategic, forward-thinking financial and cash management advice and guidance to the President, development and accountability against budgets for the organization, and implementation of comprehensive controls designed to mitigate risk. Unlike other CFO positions, this role plays an active part in customer and vendor relationships, managing relationships, change orders and receivables, and it should be noted that our entrepreneurial environment does not call for anything other than a working manager, so a “get it done” attitude and engaging interpersonal skills are a must.
Comprehensive Understanding of Company and market
• Learns the business from the inside out, including personnel, vendors, sub-contractors, technology and methodologies
Maintains integrative, healthy, synergistic relations with the President, leadership team, employees, vendors, sub-contractors and customer base.
• Executes all matters thoughtfully, with kindness and integrity
• Is a positive team leader; functions as an integrator; grows the individuals of the organization
• Creates a culture of thinkers; models objective, independent thinking
• Promotes high-level customer service and serving others with a higher purpose
• Puts excellent communication into action; continuously keeps others up-to-date
• Minimum of a Masters of Business Administration, or 5+ years the in this specific field or in a closely related area, or suitable combination of education and relevant experience preferred
•Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the regional building business, and demonstrated comprehensive experience in forecasting, ledger, and treasury knowledge, and demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of profitability analysis and continuous improvement knowledge along with a full comprehension of job costing and change order control
•Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills and excellent computer literacy
•Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines
•Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times
•Preference given to curious, life-long learners committed to expanding knowledge for the good of the organization
Our client offers a comprehensive compensation package. Qualified, and curious candidates should apply now with a cover letter describing why they would be an excellent fit for this role.