Our client, a highly-reputable, custom home builder in the Kansas City Metropolitan area is seeking a Construction Superintendent. This is an incredible opportunity for someone with the passion and drive to support the goals of this visionary organization, with an over-arching zeal for customer service seldom seen in the home building marketplace. We’re building homes that fulfill the dreams of our customers.
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule, within budget and with an emphasis on customer service that is bar none. This includes maintaining the highest quality, managing customer expectations, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans and specifications.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and employees.
- Acts as a good steward of company and customer funds, but is fair and reasonable with contractors as partners.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge, and experience as a Superintendent
- 3+ years of successful Project Management/Expediting experience with a production residential or multi-family builder.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods as well as construction management.
- Ability to monitor construction projects to a successful and timely completion.
- Candidate must have the ability to analyze and understand subcontractor bids and associated unit pricing for each respective trade.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills and excellent computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times.
- Preference given to curious, life-long learners committed to expanding knowledge for the good of the organization.
Our client offers a comprehensive compensation package. Qualified, and curious candidates should apply now with a cover letter describing why they would be an excellent fit for this role.