The Shawnee (Kansas) Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Member Development Coordinator. This position is responsible for business membership recruitment, as well as engagement and retention of current members. The successful candidate in this position will provide detailed information on various programs offered, facilitate orientation for new members to the Chamber, and maintain contact with all members to ensure they remain engaged with all the Chamber offers.
The Chamber is a not-for-profit membership-driven organization comprised of approximately 600 businesses including civic organizations, education institutions and the city. The Shawnee Chamber ranks #7 in the Kansas City area of 24 chambers in total members with an aggressive future plan to grow membership. The Member Development Coordinator is an essential part of fulfilling our growth plans.
Our successful candidate can expect to:
- Contact and develop meaningful relationships in our business community which lead to chamber and economic development memberships
- Close sales during on-site visits, follow up calls, and email to achieved budgeted revenue goals
- Assists each member in taking full advantage of everything the Chamber has to offer them
- Is a pro-active participant in all Chamber sponsored events and programs
- Has overall responsibility for our annual membership drive and volunteer recruitment
Our successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- Should have a 4 year degree in business, sales, marketing or communications field, or have a minimum of 2 or more years of relevant experience, or a combination of both
- A highly motivated, self-starter who has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, has a strong desire to achieve revenue goals for the Chamber, and exhibits the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Should possess exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and have the ability to create and maintain sustainable and successful relationships within our business community
- Should possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Should possess solid skills with Microsoft and Apple products and/or software, along with proficiency working with CRM and social media
- Exhibit professionalism in appearance and conduct at all times
- Has the ability to exercise flexibility with work schedule due to the many events the Chamber offers.
If you are interested in applying for our open position, please send along your resume with a cover letter which includes salary history.
The Shawnee Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.