This position is responsible for producing high quality products to for each work order that is assigned to them. Responsible for design, lay out, and building of each sign that they have a portion of building. This position is also responsible for knowledge of all work in process that has been assigned to them.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities -
- Ability to read and implement shop drawings into a product ready to be finished
- Fabricate signs of all types including, metal, wood, acrylic or other material as needed
- Responsible for overall shop maintenance and upkeep
- Ability to run required equipment and tools including, channel bender, drills, lathes, sander and welding tools
- Accepts responsibility for accomplishing new and different requests and providing add on value to each job
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations;
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Promptly reports any safety incidents and participates in incident investigations as requested;
- Acts in a stewardship capacity for Midtown Signs, works as a functional member of the team, has ability to self-direct work assignments;
- Provides on-call and overtime support as needed during evenings and weekends based on workload demands as designated by management;
- Additional duties may be added or removed as required by the owner.
Placement Criteria -
- Minimum education and experience: high school diploma and 4+ years’ experience in a Fabrication or Machine Operator role, or a suitable combination of education and relevant experience as described;
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills specific to sign design;
- Effective communication with all levels of internal contacts and external contacts;
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally verbally and in writing, and to provide exceptional service internally and externally;
- Relevant equipment operating and building skills for this position include knowledge and experience with a multitude of equipment operations and applications, limited computer knowledge. Displays adaptability in learning the use of relevant tools, programs and displays comprehension of fundamental practices and productivity tools.
General Employee Expectations -
Midtown Signs views each of the following behaviors and traits as performance indicators for all employees, regardless of position or level, and employee appraisals reflect these attributes in addition to position specific responsibilities as an element of performance upon which job performance is rated:
Accountability - own your own work. Every task that is done is done with competence, skill and integrity.
Make the choice to make the right decision that will allow everyone at Midtown Signs to be proud of the signs created.
Exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff.
Written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, and employees are expected to aspire to excellence in both daily work tasks and customer service.
Maintain professionalism in all interpersonal relationships and exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business;
Exhibit willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve, willingness to help others and openly and actively participates in the direction of the Company.
Physical Demands -
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and reach, and may occasionally ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.