We are looking for an energetic, professional Chef who has an excellent track record in hospitality and who thrives in a fast-paced environment for our Waldo/Brookside Restaurant Group The Well. We are looking for a creative, fresh new perspective to enhance our menus and to positively lead a kitchen team. Responsibilities will include ordering, inventory, menu development, quality control and staff training.
Our focus is on providing superior customer experience. The Chef is responsible for all food production. The Chef is charged with ensuring the kitchen is run smooth, clean, and cost effective. The schedule includes Nights & Weekends.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversees, maintains and manages the Kitchen staff and operations;
- Responsible for supervising kitchen staff and monitoring food and labor budget for the Restaurant;
- Ensures overall consistency and high quality across the kitchen operations;
- Responsible for evaluating food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained;
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment;
- Responsible for the reduction of food costs and increased food sales;
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff;
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a good command of both verbal and written communication with staff and superiors;
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guest's needs and requirements ;
- Ability to take ownership of everything they do throughout their day with a level of teamwork required to ensure that we consistently exceeds guest expectations with food, service and atmosphere;
- Knowledge of POS systems, proficient computer skills, and ability to adapt to new company specific software and understand fundamental practices and database management.